4AD light/ignition switch

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
kabu

4AD light/ignition switch

Post by kabu »

Hi All,

What is the correct version of the Lucas PLC6 lighting/ignition switch for a late model 4AD Roadster. As already discussed in the instrument panel topic, the late Roadsterd had the instrument panel covered with beige vinyl. The gauges are brown/beige, the starter and choke knobs are brown bakelite. The lighting switch handle is also brown bakelite but what is the correct coloring for the switch dial. I have now two versions of the dial sticker, the other is black with white texts and other beige with brown texts. Which one is correct color scheme for the late model vinyl covered instrument panel?

BR/
Pekka
Lucas PLC6 dial color schemes
Lucas PLC6 dial color schemes
4ADT Roadster, 1954 --- http://www.guru-group.fi/kabu/singer
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Re: 4AD light/ignition switch

Post by mikeyr »

I have seen all 3, no color just the letters stuck directly to the chrome, the white and the black, by far the 2 most common are the letter on the chrome and the white sticker with black lettering, not sure which is right but they are the most common. My car was chrome and fairly sure that was original. I had the luxury of seeing 2 cars that were owned by the original owner and they were both chrome with black letter directly on the chrome.