generic info that no one cares about

A place for you to make suggestions on improvements, etc.
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

generic info that no one cares about

Post by mikeyr »

I was asked what is going on with my car as I have made no posts in a long time. Well for a quite a while, I was happy with how much I was getting done, had BIG plans for the Christmas holiday where I was going to cut up the front hood and weld on new sections to match the front wings. I even bought all the materials and was ready to go. If I had done that, the car would be fully assembled. Well that never got done, I was in France taking care of my elderly mother. I have already been back to France once this year already and now I am taking retirement June 27, you would think that is good I will be working on my car, but nope. I leave 5 days after my last day at work on a ONE WAY plane to ticket to France. You all know the song so sing along.

"I'm leavin' on a jet plane Don't know when I'll be back again"

I really hope to be back in one or 2 months, but it could be 6 months or more, who knows. While in France this forum will be on autopilot, I will of course be checking it but with only a iPhone for doing any work, most things will wait until I return and have a proper computer. I feel that is ok, since it is pretty dead most of the times now, it has bursts of activity and then goes quiet so I don't expect any issues. The only forum issue I foresee is registrations, right now I still have 196 to approve or delete, I expect 195 or more of the 196 are spam, that is the way it usually works.

I know I will be taking a road trip to Lyon and we have 2 people in the vicinity of there, I will be mostly in the Medoc (Bordeaux) area as that is where my mother lives, not aware of any Singer's in that area. I hope to visit family in Aix-en-Provence and Nice but don't know if any one is near there. I am also planning a day trip to Le Mans since they have a Singer in that museum (they used to at least). We had a member in Chateauroux (Indre) but he has passed away years ago and no idea where his car has gone. I know there is an event in the UK in July, but that may be too ambitious this time (can't make the one in June, still working). I leased a car and can't take it into UK, so there would be quite a bit of planning and its Olympic Games time, just too ambitious to plan it.

So I am here...just not really here
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT