Diff hitting floor board

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
nth
First Name: Neil

Diff hitting floor board

Post by nth »

Hello again!
Does anyone have a photo of the rear floor board set up on a nine sports 4 seater 1933/4? Mine appears to have gained an extra cross strengthener on the chassis about 4" back from the front of the floor board at some point and the boards seem low. The diff hits the floor (aluminium insert for oil filler) when anyone is in the back. Hartfords seem slack so will reset but the static weight will still be a problem as is.
Thanks
Neil
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Re: Diff hitting floor board

Post by mikeyr »

I can't help on the 4-seater but have you looked at the gallery on the main website ?

http://gallery.singercars.com/index.php/?page=2 ? I would look through Singer Sports Drawings first as the 4-seater wood and measurements is mostly pictures of the exterior of the body although there are wood pictures in that also.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
nth
First Name: Neil

Post by nth »

Thanks Mike
I didn't know the pictures were there! Explaines everything if I found the correct ones for the year.. The rear metal floor has been replaced with plywood with insufficient room for the diff dome. The seat is also flat underneath.
jeans_old_man
First Name: Brian

Post by jeans_old_man »

Hi Niel, not sure if pictures of my 1935 4-seater are any help but these are the best I can find of the rear seat tray and the seat squab with cut-out for diff dome.
seat area.jpg
tray.jpg
seat squab.jpg