Just a FedEX funny

A place for you to make suggestions on improvements, etc.
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Just a FedEX funny

Post by mikeyr »

So I ordered something from the UK, it was shipped by FedEX on Tuesday with a scheduled Friday delivery. Thursday, I check the status online and its has gone from the UK to Indianapolis in the US and on its way to Los Angeles, so Friday it will arrive on time.

Friday comes and goes with no package, so I check the status and package is back in the UK now showing a delayed delivery of today (Monday), but its in a different place in the UK then from where it was shipped, so it does not look like a missed scan. Since I have to take time off from work, I call FedEX to make sure it will be here today so I don't have to take a second day off from work. Lady on the phone, says yes, there was a mistake in the shipping, and yes the package really did go from the UK to USA and BACK to the UK and back to U.S., but it will be here today. Status says out for delivery and it was in town this morning. Going to be a well travelled package, I just thought it was kind of funny.

Since it did go through customs twice, I did get 2 different bills in email to pay import duties each time. FedEX took care of that.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT