Rear lights and turn indicators

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
jeans_old_man
First Name: Brian

Rear lights and turn indicators

Post by jeans_old_man »

The Lucas spares list for my '35 Le Mans 4-seater lists the single stop/tail lamp as ST38A and this is clearly visible in my favourite advert of the time:
35 ad (2).jpg
Replica lamps are available from several sources but the ones I obtained were of doubious quality and although they had three bulbs they were arranged as 1 x 5W as tail/numberplate and 2 x 10W as stop with no provision for a turn indicator.

I was able to buy red and amber coloured glass from a Landrover website and some replacement sockets from ebay. I needed to make a new dividing plate and use 'small globe' bulbs but I am pleased with the result.
bulbs and holders.jpg
rear lights.jpg
I feel that this is about as close to original as current lighting legislation will allow.
rear.jpg
ColinB
First Name: Colin

Re: Rear lights and turn indicators

Post by ColinB »

They look really nice Brian. Where did you get the basic (and rather poor) bodies?
jeans_old_man
First Name: Brian

Post by jeans_old_man »

I cannot remember where I got them from. The issue I had as an electrical engineer was the flimsy support and the proximity of the 'live' terminals to the surrounding metalwork.
original bulbholder.jpg
mikeC
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeC »

Not cheap, but Holden do these ready set-up for tail/brake/flasher:

https://www.holden.co.uk/p/pork-pie-rea ... er-black-1
1914 Saxon Model A; 1930 Morris Cowley; 1931 Austin Seven; 1953 Lancia Appia; 1967 Singer Chamois