4AD Gas Pedal?

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
Mark Thompson
First Name: Mark

4AD Gas Pedal?

Post by Mark Thompson »

My 1952 4AD came with a roller on the end of the accelerator linkage. On most cars, you would expect a gas pedal hinged at the floor to move against that rolller. My car has no signs of ever having a gas pedal. My 1953 4ADT doesn't even have the roller on the linkage. Are 4ADs supposed to have gas pedals? If so, what do they look like? And where can I locate one? My accelerator works fine like it is, but I was just wondering :?:
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

nope, no gas pedal, just a roller. I will take a pic and post it here later this morning.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

Ok, lets try something brand new for this website, a little controversy :)

All the 4AD's I have ever seen had a roller on the gas pedal, tiny little thing that looks to be a afterthought, I have included a picture of my 4AD's pedal. But I cut up a 4AD many years ago and earlier today when I said I would take a picture, I planned on taking a picture of its gas pedal, imagine my surprise when I noticed it had a pedal on the bottom and no sign of any welding/cutting/modifying from a roller. So my earlier statement that all of them had rollers may be incorrect. By the way if it makes a difference the 4AD I cut up was a 55.
Attachments
The pedal
The pedal
What I have always seen on a 4AD including mine...don't look at the mess, it has been stored outside for almost a year now.
What I have always seen on a 4AD including mine...don't look at the mess, it has been stored outside for almost a year now.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT