fuel pipe between pump and carburetor

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
tvdwerf
First Name: Teake

fuel pipe between pump and carburetor

Post by tvdwerf »

In the big box with parts I found a fuel pipe who looks a little bit original, but not really fits on his place..
20181224_195542.jpg
20181224_195449.jpg
20181224_195436.jpg
Is this an original pipe?
And what should be the right connection to the pump?
Singer 4A 1950
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

Re: fuel pipe between pump and carburetor

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Hello! I have a '48 A Series that has the same engine as yours, but different a different carburettor. The fuel pipe looks to be authentic, with the coil just before it goes to the carb bowl. The other end should connect to the pump which is driven by the same shaft that powers the distributor. There should be a pin that fits in a hole that is pushed by a cam on the shaft that drives the pump. Just make sure that the fuel pipe does not interfere with the fan pullly.

The fuel line that comes from the tank is held in place by a bracket (secured to the frame) and is joined to the input of the pump by a flexible pipe. That arrangement allows for some engine movement without a "solid" connection between the pump, which is attached to the engine, and the fuel line attached to the frame.

Far too many years ago I put together a blog showing the steps that I took in rebuilding my A Series 9 HP engine. There are a lot of photos and the fuel line is there with them. Mine was "lost" before I obtained the car so I made mine from copper pipe and added an extra turn, but the routing is the same.

Take a look and hope that it helps!

http://singerninehpengine.blogspot.com/

Paul
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.