Picture quiz

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
Cincy singer 9a
First Name: Bruce

Picture quiz

Post by Cincy singer 9a »

OK, everyone. Here is the picture of my father's Singer. My sister and I are with my mother, the "Babe" in the picture. Can anyone figure the age and model? What about the circular bumper guards? Think they were a dealer item? The car behind was Dad's friend's MG. Oh, the picture was taken around '55 to '57. Dad's car was black with red and his buddy's was silver grey with buckskin.
singer 9 i.m (2).jpg
tvdwerf
First Name: Teake

Re: Picture quiz

Post by tvdwerf »

The wheels , bumper, grille are telling 4A, around 1950.
Mine from 1950 is looking the same at these points.
Never saw these bumper guards.
Could not see if there is a Singer 9 mark, but maybe someone else?
Singer 4A 1950
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

yup, that is a 4A and I have seen those bumper guards on several Singer's. I don't think they were a dealer item, but more of a JC Whitney type of thing.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
Cincy singer 9a
First Name: Bruce

Post by Cincy singer 9a »

I don't have a front on picture. I remember he said it came in from Canada. (We lived in Scranton at the time) As a small boy I had my best of times with my father running around in it. We'd go watch the road rallies as the sport cars ran up and back down the mountains with hay bales as intersection blocks. In the winter the lake turned to ice and we'd watch the cars race around on the ice. What more could a kid in the 50's want? I waited a life time to get my own, but it is worth it. Fun car.

If anyone ever comes across those bumper guards let me know as I think they are rather different and cool. I also found our 9" hook and saddle wiper blades for 6 bucks at ClassyChevUSA.com. Seems to be the cheapest price I found.

B.