Door support roller, 2 and 4 seater sports

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
cev196
First Name: Abe

Door support roller, 2 and 4 seater sports

Post by cev196 »

Recent posts on Facebook discussed door support rollers and centred on cars 1935 on (including roadster models).
The picture shows one of these.

On my 1934 2 seater the rollers are missing, however they are obviously not the same and do not have a mounting flange, the latter pictures show the hole and the sill plates along with a shaped cutout. Presumably the sill plates retain the roller in position.

Can any one post details of what this earlier roller looks like?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (87.43 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (52.39 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
steves
First Name: Steve

Re: Door support roller, 2 and 4 seater sports

Post by steves »

Hi,
Do not think my roller covering (piece of red rubber hose) is original. Anyhow, a piece of (black??) rubber tube should do it. The counter piece on the door underside, slightly wedge shaped and chromed, is most probably original.
Sorry for the picture quality!
Kind regards,
Steve S
LM -35
Attachments
Roller 2.png
Roller 2.png (476.88 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
Roller 1.png
Roller 1.png (471 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
cev196
First Name: Abe

Re: Door support roller, 2 and 4 seater sports

Post by cev196 »

Hi Steve,
Your last pic of the roller in position shows a layout similar to my 34. However I do not have evidence of screw holes to fix it down only one hole which looks like a nail hole (I will recheck this).
The first pics of an actual roller are from a 35 car which matches yours (no sill cover plate), yours has the sill plate, so I am no clearer.
I'm wondering now if the junior tourer / Porlock had a roller, can anyone confirm this?