4AD rear axle

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
Don Adams
First Name: Don

4AD rear axle

Post by Don Adams »

I need a rear axle . I just purchased my uncles 1951 Singer roadster this month. He bought it new and broke the left axle in 1973 and parked it in the garage. I've learned a lot about Singers this month,but not where to get a new or replacement axle,or a lot of other needed parts. The engine is frozen. It is all original and complete,except for the rear bumper,and I would like to keep it that way. I rode in it in the 50's and want to finally drive it.
Don Adams Phx Az
Mark Thompson
First Name: Mark

Re: 4AD rear axle

Post by Mark Thompson »

I suggest that you do a search on this site for "Moss rear axles for 4AD". If, after reading the comments, you still want an original Singer axle, I can sell you one for $200.

Best Regards,
Mark Thompson
Don Adams

Post by Don Adams »

I'll take it. Where do I send the check?
Mark Thompson
First Name: Mark

Post by Mark Thompson »

Don,
I've tried to send you an e-mail twice using the link on this site, but apparently without success. I'll need your address to figure shipping cost. Please e-mail me at: mrt2019@cs.com

Best Regards,
Mark Thompson
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

I had the same issue sending him e-mail, first one bounced, second one worked.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
Don Adams

Post by Don Adams »

I got the axle from Mark. I had to pull the thirdmember and drive shaft to get the broken part out. That turned out to be a good thing. The rear U joint in worn and the left carrier race is bad. Both parts are easy to get. TAD in Phoenix has the U joint in stock so my Grandson will restore and balance the drive shaft for me. I got the axle seals from AUTO SURPLUS in Australia,a little pricey but very good quality. Cleaning and reassembly is next. Then free up the clutch and engine.
The fun has begun. Don
JOE
First Name: JOE

Post by JOE »

don, I have allot of singer 4ad and some 4a parts. let me know what parts your after. joe t.
50's car buff
First Name: Louis

Post by 50's car buff »

Joe: You said you have a lot of 4AD parts. Send me your email, I need a few different parts.
louis_levinatyahoodot com.
replace the at with @ and the dot with .
Thanks, Louis