Rare Singer 1.5 B37

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
jalye
First Name: John

Rare Singer 1.5 B37

Post by jalye »

Another rare Singer sports has turned up for sale in the UK. It is the 4 cylinder 1.5 litre B37 and is the only one in existance with the original body in tact. Only 12 of this model were ever produced. To see some rather good photos and read the history of this car go to http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk and select Singer in the search menu. I have only ever seen an "artist's impression" of this body style in an article in the Brooklands book of road tests of Singer sports cars. The car looks the same except for the rather awkward mounting of the twin spare wheels which I think is not as it should be - otherwise it looks very good indeed.....
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Re: Rare Singer 1.5 B37

Post by mikeyr »

kind of ugly back end but a great car anyway
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
ringtrev
First Name: Trevor

Re: Rare Singer 1.5 B37

Post by ringtrev »

Spare wheels certainly look awkward.......I thought the Gibson B37 was original bodied?...hey Mikey headin your way briefly late Sept ......trev...Just had marvellous weekend of pure british foggy trial ...didn't triumph but had ball... :? :D