Drat!

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
mothy
First Name: Roland

Drat!

Post by mothy »

I wondered what all the banging noise from the scuttle was all about.
I thought that it was the bonnet not fastened properly.

Then this afternoon I saw the windscreen was somewhat moved back on the passenger side.

The upright post has snapped in half :shock:

Anyhow screen is dismantled off the car now and the guilty parts posted off to Dave Hardwick so that he can do a best match and send me a replacement.

Roly
-----------------------------------------------
Used to own a 1934 Singer Le Mans

Beer: So much more than just a breakfast drink.
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Re: Drat!

Post by mikeyr »

I wonder if I should do that also, I noticed a few weeks ago that one of my posts was bent out of the way by quite a bit, it must have happened 2 years ago when I moved to my new place. I wonder if it will snap when I bend it back and should replace it in advance.

Glad you found the problem and you have such a quick and easy to fix it, I have several items to get from Dave myself but its not quite as easy as it is for you.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
mothy
First Name: Roland

Re: Drat!

Post by mothy »

The redoubtable Dave Hardwick shipped me a replacement post today which he reckoned would directly and easily fit, which it did!
It does need rechroming at some stage but at least I have my screen back on, and the local fly population will have to find someone elses beard to die in.

Roly

-----------------------------------------------
Used to own a 1934 Singer Le Mans

Beer: So much more than just a breakfast drink.