Wiring Harness for 4AD

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
loriseller
First Name: Lori

Wiring Harness for 4AD

Post by loriseller »

Hi,
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever bought a new wiring harness from a company that supplies the Singer wiring harness ready made and have you had any luck actually installing it on the car. I am trying to balance the challenge of making a new harness myself with the challenge of installing something pre-made that (knowing how Singer things go...) might not be as easy as it sounds. Sharing any experience anyone has had with this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Lori
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Re: Wiring Harness for 4AD

Post by mikeyr »

My information is going to be partially useless :)

I purchased my wiring harness from Moss Motors back in the late 1970's when they carried stuff for cars besides MG's. The harness I was assured would be a perfect fit and it was a long ways from it. I ended up removing most of the wires from the harness and re-using the wires as they were at least the correct color scheme, they had the right colors and right length but went to the wrong places, as I remember most of the ends were correct as I did not have to redo many fittings.

They supposedly corrected their harness based on feedback from me but they dropped non-MG stuff a few years later. There are not that many wires on the car, its pretty easy to do without the harness.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
Cyberzilla
First Name: John

Re: Wiring Harness for 4AD

Post by Cyberzilla »

Lori, I recently purchased a wiring harness from AUTOSPARKS of the U.K for my 54, I have not yet installed, plan to do in the next couple of weeks, I can let you know how it works out, Phil A. helped speck it out. It does take about six weeks lead time to get though. John