Transmission Cover

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
Steve

Transmission Cover

Post by Steve »

I am considering making a mold to replace my transmission cover in the 53 4AD. I have a functional cover now but not pretty. It would not be worth making a mold to do one, and wonder if there is any interest from other members in obtaining one. It would make the new parts out of fiberglass. Let me know if there is any interest.

thanks
Michael Denmark
First Name: Michael

Re: Transmission Cover

Post by Michael Denmark »

Hello Steve.

I need a cover for my 1948 Roadster , but dont know if it is the same as for a 1953 ?

Michael
ggvette
First Name: grant

Post by ggvette »

Put me down for one. Thanks :D
loriseller
First Name: Lori

Post by loriseller »

Hi Steve,
I could use one too for my '54 4AD but what do you think the cost will end up being per unit?
Lori
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks for those that replied. The mold would be somewhat complicated and the finished item would not be exactly like the original. Some "negative" surfaces would have to be changed in order to remove the cover from the mold. I would have to use my cover as the master to make the mold and hopefully not destroy it in the process. I don't think I would go ahead with the project unless I get at least 5 people interested. As far as cost goes, I really do not know. Most of the cost will be in the labor. I am still looking at the project and will try to work up an estimated cost. If any of you have an idea of what you would pay, or what others have paid, it might help in making a decision.

thanks