V6 - 4AD Update

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

V6 - 4AD Update

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Dave has a few more photos of the V6 4AD, this time with a Kip Motors top! Dave did mention that he had to modify the top bows somewhat.

Here they are!
100_1389_resize.JPG
100_1390_resize.JPG
100_1391_resize.JPG
100_1392_resize.JPG
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.
indian301

Re: V6 - 4AD Update

Post by indian301 »

I ordered the convertible top from KIP Motorcars. They said it would take about 3 weeks. I was not in a hurry, but I called after three weeks just to see how things were going. I waited another 3 weeks and the top arrived on my doorstep. I had to order the Lift the Dot fasteners separately. Ouch! They are expensive $5.00 for the female part and $2.00 for the male part. Multiply that by 27 and you get the idea. I needed more fasteners then stock cars because I modified the rear edge of the top to snap off instead of being mounted inside the car. I had to move two of the windshield snaps because there was not enough material on the front edge to properly install the Lift the Dots in the stock location. The windshield area also needs to be relieved for proper wiper operation, which I do not need (Rain X). I also had to modify my top bows to make the top look nice. This involved drilling new holes to raise the bows and moving the rear bow up on a different bracket that I fabricated. The modification to the bows does not allow the top to be lowered while on the car. My car is a top on for winter and top off for summer driver. The top can be completely removed in less than two minutes. My car is far from stock, so I was not worried about having to modify things to make the top look correct. I am satisfied with my purchase, but if I had a stock Singer I would take the car to a local shop and have them stitch a top.

So $625.00 for the top, $189.00 for the Lift the Dots, and $35.00 for shipping.

Dave :mrgreen: