Wiring guidance

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
trialanderror
First Name: Graham

Wiring guidance

Post by trialanderror »

Hi
I've looked at lots of the posts about wiring.
I'm restoring a '33 9 sports 4 seater, found in an orchard in Kent UK in the 1960's (I purchased it after the previous owner dismantled it, so I've never seen it whole) . I bought a new loom from autosparks, with the loom set up for an SLC2. There is no SLC2 switch, but the car had been wired to work without on before it was abandoned.
I want to know which colour wires go to the terminals on an SLC2 and also what function the terminals do. i.e. how do I wire it up?!
I'm a doctor not an engineer
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Graham
jeans_old_man
First Name: Brian

Re: Wiring guidance

Post by jeans_old_man »

Perhaps this will help. It is for a car that still uses a three brush dynamo and the horns have been wired through a relay for safety and to free up a terminal in the junction box. The wiring colours are original for 1935.

You will not need the dynamo terminals of the SLC2 if you upgrade to a voltage regulator.

IMG_0090.jpeg
trialanderror
First Name: Graham

Post by trialanderror »

Thanks for this
I've just sent the dynamo off for 2 brush conversion and the company also supply electronic voltage regulators in original casings.
Classic Dynamo and Regulator Conversions, based in Lincoln UK

Graham
ColinB
First Name: Colin

Post by ColinB »

Their stuff is very good Graham - I have their voltage regulators on a couple of cars as well as their LED lights. I added brake lights and indicators to my Light Six which originally only had a single rear red. Being LEDs they draw little current.
DSC_0003 (2).JPG