HEADLAMP BITS NEEDED

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
cdk84
First Name: David

HEADLAMP BITS NEEDED

Post by cdk84 »

Hello All,

Thought to ask who might know of a set of headlamp innards ( reflectors, lamp sockets ( dining or otherwise ) ) for the 8" Lucas 140 headlamps on my 1935 Le Mans.

Of course it would be Lovely if the reflectors didn't need re-silvering, but Anything that's sound and not crooked or crinkled would be a wonderful starting point.

Also, 'while we're in there', does anyone know a source of high quality headlamp protecting screens of the hinged design?

Thanks very much in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Kind Wishes all 'round, and for the US contingent, Happy Thanksgiving,

David
jeans_old_man
First Name: Brian

Re: HEADLAMP BITS NEEDED

Post by jeans_old_man »

Have a look at Mike's post: https://www.forum.singercars.com/viewto ... 2&start=75
Although, as Mike says, "They did not cost the earth...they cost the Earth, the Moon and part of Mars also."
cdk84
First Name: David

Post by cdk84 »

Hello Brian,

I never got around to thanking you for the link you sent in this thread.

Most grateful.

How are you keeping these days?

Look forward to learning what progress continues on your project and hope that you are feeling well.

Warm Regards,

David
jeans_old_man
First Name: Brian

Post by jeans_old_man »

Hi David,

I'm not sure if you sourced your headlamps but I got mine from Austin Repro. I don't know if they still do the full range. Vintage Supplies have a new range out also. Any opportunity to include a photo of my car:
lamps.jpg