WHERE ARE YOU NOW?

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
IANH
First Name: IAN

WHERE ARE YOU NOW?

Post by IANH »

I've owned two Juniors in my life, one a Porlock and the other a "special. I just wonder if the special still exists. It was based on a 1930 two door fixed head coupe, can't remember the model name, and was then converted into a 2 seated open car.. The top rear of the coupe was turned around to make the basis of the rear tub. It had cycle wings front and rear with a rear deck covered in rexine. The screen came from an SS jag (singer sports!) and the floor mats were Singer sewing machine mats. I owned the car in the 60's and was eventually sold in the Hove/Brighton area. One door only on the left, spare wheel vertical at he rear. It served me well. I was only a two seater but took four of us, 2 sitting on the rear deck, to apprentice school at Fords Dagenham daily. Does it still exist? I would love to know! Unfortunately I lost all my photos to the damp and can't for the life of me remember the reg no. It was very well converted, I met the guy who converted it sometime later. He then owned a Riley Lincock, Lovely car
Ianh
IANH
First Name: IAN

Re: WHERE ARE YOU NOW?

Post by IANH »

Not a reply, but a bit more info. I have found an old photo of the car, and, glory be, the reg number is visible. It is RX6442. According to DVLC its on SORN. Are you there current owner?
Ianh