Hello

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
cdk84
First Name: David

Re: Hello

Post by cdk84 »

Hi Colin,

As always, you've done everyone a great service by providing photos and dimensions for this perished piece.

While it's not one on which one could perform preventive care, knowing that an older piece like this can fail, and what to look for ( beginnings of a tear, for example, or the rivets failing) is a real gift to everyone.

At some point a few years hence, I think we should take the best of these observations and put them together in a book to compliment the wonderful work of the ever-amusing Master of the Nine, Ian Blackburn.
ColinB
First Name: Colin

Post by ColinB »

Just to move Little Bea's journey on to the next stage I have just passed her on to Tom for a pretty low price as I have been keen to encourage younger people into the world of vintage cars. In addition I haven't driven her for over 2 years and it is a waste to keep her in a shed quietly deteriorating.

Tom is a 30 year old Land Rover technician who has the skills to take her to the next stage of her life on the road. He is on the left in the first picture after loading her to take her off to Bedford. The second picture is of Jamie and Tom's wife at her new home. I'm very pleased with the outcome!
DSC_0001.JPG
In her new home.jpg
david.bryant
First Name: David

Post by david.bryant »

Great to see Colin
It is so hard for younger people to join the vintage car fold. While I am only 60 my son would have maintained and loved a vintage vehicle if he had access to one also. So often we visited the sheds and collections of people with often more than a dozen ideal projects or running cars that were untouched often for decades and either not for sale or at such an extreme cost as to be totally prohibitive to people like us on a salary. I applaud you in your decision to move on a vehicle that looks fantastic when it was no longer being used. I especially respect and thank you for choosing a younger person with the skills to continue to look after the older vehicle.
I hope Tom and Jamie have a fantastic time enjoying the wonderful opportunity they have with the vintage car fraternity.
Reagrds
David