1934 fuel sender for my Singer 9 sports.

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
Dylan34
First Name: Alan

1934 fuel sender for my Singer 9 sports.

Post by Dylan34 »

My fuel sender is not responding. Seen previous topics but wondering if anyone has any suggestions for repairs or replacements. Haven’t found a way to get inside unit yet. Presumably drilling out two rivets ? Is rewinding feasible ?
ColinB
First Name: Colin

Re: 1934 fuel sender for my Singer 9 sports.

Post by ColinB »

You may find this thread useful Alan: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1481&start=300
George
First Name: George

Post by George »

Adding to Colin's comment, this is the unit I have bought and just awaiting delivery from the US (I believe it was Colin who originally posted the link to the unit in the Facebook group)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264874062622 ... BM0Iq86ORf

Apparently easy install and only modification being that new holes need to be drilled into the top plate to fit the tank bolt pattern. Although as the topic linked to mentions, can also unbolt the top plate and fabricate one from scratch with the correct bolt pattern.
32' 9 Sports | 07' Defender 90
ColinB
First Name: Colin

Post by ColinB »

That is the same as the one I bought George. As I noted on FB I found it preferable to make a new top plate but others have been happy with drilling new holes in the original one.