Singer Junior Project

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
david.bryant
First Name: David

Re: Singer Junior Project

Post by david.bryant »

Thanks for crawling under the car Colin that shows exactly what I need to go forward.
:)
david.bryant

Post by david.bryant »

It has been a while since I posted, I have been easily distracted from the Singer as after cobbling together the engine from parts from at least three engines it does not seam to be compressing properly and has multiple oil leaks just sitting there :(
CAM and valve setup does not seem correct. I am thinking I will have to put dial indicators and protractors on it and measure valve travel with crank rotation.
Any way it is time to clear the dust off and chase away the wildlife and continue.....
Anyone know of a complete junior engine for sale in Australia? Even if it is not healthy if it has not been stripped, so many of the parts seam to be hand fitted together.
Regards
David
ColinB
First Name: Colin

Post by ColinB »

If you haven't done so already it would be worth contacting Trevor Leech who is president of the SCC in Australia. He is on Facebook and I have been in contact with him via Messenger.
david.bryant

Post by david.bryant »

Progress has been extremely slow, ah well such is life,
Hope your projects are faster.
How should the throttle linkage be installed? My guess is forward of the "firewall" if you can call it that being timber, having massive holes and a fuel tank attached? Oops photo failed will try again
david.bryant

Post by david.bryant »

th link.JPG
th link.JPG (64.14 KiB) Viewed 15090 times
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (48.79 KiB) Viewed 15090 times
photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG (64.29 KiB) Viewed 15090 times
ColinB

Post by ColinB »

You can see where the pedal fixes in this shot from my Junior during its disassembly.
pedal arrangement.JPG
david.bryant

Post by david.bryant »

Thanks Colin 😀
Ah it also shows the bonnet support sides and rod support for the radiator that I need to make as well!
ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Here is a bit of detail about the support at the bulkhead end (top right). I have lots of pictures so don't hesitate to ask if you need details. I think my car is pretty original.
1 original wiring.JPG