List or Discuss Singer Events here.
BRG
First Name: Dave

San Diego British Car show

Post by BRG »

Singerites,

FYI. This came from Craig.
Hi David,

Hopefully, you remember me?? I restored my 52 Singer 4AD with your invaluable help a couple of years ago. I’m taking my Singer back to Stowe this year along with two other newly restored cars.

The purpose of this email:

I am the current President of the San Diego British Car Club Council or BCCC as we like to say. We are putting on our 33rd annual British Car Day on October 7, 2012, at Liberty Station, the former Naval Training Center, and we'd love to invite all of your members to come on over and join us. For the first time we've expanded our British Car Day into a two day event with a BBQ and mixer on October 6. The BBQ will be held at the Marriott at LIberty Station and that hotel is also offering a substantial discount off their rooms for our participants and guests. Normally, their rooms rent for $169/night, but we can offer the same rooms for only $139. That's a great rate of a San Diego hotel of the quality of the Marriott. We're also expanding our show to be more family friendly. At the BBQ, we will have a slot car track for those competitive types and on Sunday we will be offering a radio controlled car track. We are also looking into adding still more kid friendly attractions. In addition, we've expanded our vendor select beyond car related vendors and British goods and food vendors to include very creative artists and artisans who normally show at garden tours and art fairs throughout Southern California. Our British Car Day is a People's Choice type show that normally attracts about 300 cars and the Liberty Station can't be beat. The Marriott also have plenty of parking for tow rigs and trailers and the parking lot is only a few hundred yards from the show field. I hope some of you might want to caravan over to San Diego, make a weekend out of it, and enjoy seeing a few hundred British cars in a beautiful location. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. More information is available on our website and the signup page on our website is active and ready to accept registrations. Thanks for listening!

Our website:

http://sandiegobritishcarday.org/portal/

BRG 8)
NASOC Treasurer
NASOC 4AD Registrar
NASOC Parts Guy
Owner of a 1952 4AD, 1959 Singer Gazelle Estate, & 1959 Gazelle Convertible