Cross Country Ride

List or Discuss Singer Events here.
indian301

Cross Country Ride

Post by indian301 »

I know this is not Singer related, but anyone who is interested in old cars usually appreciates old motorcycles. Starting on Friday, Sept 10th there is a cross country trip for pre 1916 motorcycles, there are 60 bikes participating. If you go to this website you can track the progress day to day. They will be riding through my town of Kingman, AZ. on Sept. 24th. I am taking the day off from work and will meet up with them on my 1948 Indian Chief motorcycle. This has got to be a once in a lifetime event.

motorcyclecannonball.com

Dave V-64AD
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Re: Cross Country Ride

Post by mikeyr »

Yeah, way ahead of you on this one.

I have had my eye on this one http://www.timelessmotorcompany.com/classic.html for a very long time now. I know 2 people who have gotten them licensed in Calif. even though the website says they are not DOT'd and can't be driven on the streets. I have not driven a car since early March because my car is my heavy rainy day driver, it would be so cool to go to work on one of those and unlike the real thing when this one breaks (and it will) you can order new parts :)

Timeless has made quite a few parts for bikes on the rally.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT