Mad Dogs 2010

List or Discuss Singer Events here.
William Howerth
First Name: William

Mad Dogs 2010

Post by William Howerth »

This year's Mad Dogs and Englishmen car show will be held on July 11th at the beautiful grounds of the Gilmore Museum. I have voulunteered to host the club for this event at my home for July 10th and 11th. My home is a leisurly 45 minute drive North of the Museum. The down side is the last mile to my house is a nasty dirt road. The day of the event I plan on trailoring my car two miles away to the local fairground, unload, and drive my Singer the balance of the way, that is if I finish rebuilding the motor in time.

Dave Norton has hosted the club in the past and done a terrific job. He has already committed to staying at our home for this event and camping out in his motor home. We have a few guest rooms and a small 5th wheel camper that can accommodate guests. This will be pretty much first come, first severed arrangement so contact me early with your requirements. Look forward to seeing all of you again this summer.

William D. Howerth
14199 Spruce Forest Dr.
Lowell, MI 49331
616-897-6573 cell 313-418-9975
william.howerth@akahn.com
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

Re: Mad Dogs 2010

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Well Bill, I am a good one for making plans to go to shows... but a bad one (so far this year) in actually getting them done! The one thing about Mad Dogs is that it is a nice 14 or so hour drive from here as opposed to a 6 hour flight (or a 3-day drive... at breakneck speeds).

Do count me in for the show and would be grateful for any accomodation. I do snore when very tired, but I snore in French.

Hopefully I can make it 1 for 2 this year...

Paul
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.
William Howerth
First Name: William

Post by William Howerth »

Great to hear you are going to try and make this one Paul. People that snore get put in the 5th wheel out back so we can't hear them! (just kidding) I have two nice guest rooms with queen beds that I am reserving for couples. I also have a guest room with a single bed and my office has a nice Fouton (is that French?) These are reseserved for you and Phillip. We have lots of big couches too. Suprisingly with all of the spare rooms I have, my brother, nephew and brother in-law prefer to sleep on the couch, go figure!

So Paul is in, who's next?
Motown Singer
First Name: Keith

Post by Motown Singer »

I'll be there with the '53 4AD.

Looking forward to seeing you agaon, Bill!

Keith
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Just a thought...

If anyone has spares that are just cluttering up their garages, then why not bring them to the show? Nothing too fancy, but one person's garbage is another's gold! you may have bits that you just do not know where they go or what car they are from... let your fellow enthusiasts help you out.

Pim did this at last year's Stowe visit and left lighter than he arrived... plus several others were better for it getting some needed pieces for their restorations.

Make your price or make a deal!

Paul
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.