First Car Show of the Year...?

List or Discuss Singer Events here.
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

First Car Show of the Year...?

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Bravely trekking through the snow covered streets of Montreal, these brave travelers were drawn to the same site they were at last year... the Montreal International Auto Show.

More an excuse to get together for some fast food and cars, the likes of Robert, Lori, Larry, Phillip and Paul met again on the Seventh Heaven floor of the Palais de Congres (Convention Center) for their second annual Singer Member Meet. Who can say no to an opportunity to get together and be surrounded by cars... all of which we can barely afford, even as used cars, but fun none the less. A new face in the crowd, Jo, joined Larry from Three Rivers Quebec. Jo helped Larry with the restoration of his A Series Roadster and brought him down to see some of the other Singer people.

A supper of chicken sandwiches and sushi (no not mixed together) was quickly gobbled up and we made our way to the show. The amazing thing was the number of people who remembered the little green Roadster. Actually, they remember Robert and the little green Roadster. Our group photo was taken by the same "photographer" as last year! He was nice enough to allow Lori in the photo too.

I will say that seeing floor after floor of new cars was not as awa inspiring as watching Larry and Jo get into the specs of the electric cars prototypes and cooncepts. Larry seemed quite taken by a little ultra-efficient gas powered vehicle. Over 1500 miles a gallon... as long as you do not mind traveling at 40 mph and being sealed into a carbon fiber pod. The single cylinder engine on this puppy is a scant 1.5 inches in diameter!

My other favorite spot were the cars that I remember as a teenager. The AMCs and alike. Thankfully most have met their rusty demise, but it was neat to see them.

I will attach a few photos from the show and no, I did not leave with a new car.

Paul
Almost in the same spot as last year, the Singer Gang + 1 mug for the camera
Almost in the same spot as last year, the Singer Gang + 1 mug for the camera
Where the Roadster was last year
Where the Roadster was last year
2 Where the singer was last year.jpg (52.64 KiB) Viewed 1888 times
Maybe next year... RIGHT!
Maybe next year... RIGHT!
No Singer section in these miniature cars.  Too bad, they could have sold a couple.
No Singer section in these miniature cars. Too bad, they could have sold a couple.
4 boys and their toys.jpg (78.05 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
Something interesting... worth a closer look.
Something interesting... worth a closer look.
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

Re: First Car Show of the Year...?

Post by Paul Bouchard »

These enthusiasts will stick with their Singers.
These enthusiasts will stick with their Singers.

Thanks to Robert and Larry for suggesting that we get together, and to Lori, Phillip and Jo for adding to the fun.

Next year?

Paul

(Now for a few more picks... caution some of the colours are a little intense)
Now this car CAN run on three wheels.. as was attempted a couple of years ago in a 4AD in Stowe...
Now this car CAN run on three wheels.. as was attempted a couple of years ago in a 4AD in Stowe...
Javelin... pointy.
Javelin... pointy.
Pacer... the ugliest?  My high school friend's Mom had one.  If you think that it looks funny on the outside... try being on the inside!
Pacer... the ugliest? My high school friend's Mom had one. If you think that it looks funny on the outside... try being on the inside!
Pinto... need we say more?  Now it it were a Bobcat, now THAT was a car! ;)
Pinto... need we say more? Now it it were a Bobcat, now THAT was a car! ;)
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.