Beaulieu 2008

List or Discuss Singer Events here.
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

Beaulieu 2008

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Back from Beaulieu!

Day 1 was a bit "damp" even by British standards. Being that the show field is, well a field, there was a fair amount of mud. Attendees at Stowe last year can appreciate the state of the field. Undeterred, our trio of punters continued on. Day 2 and 3 were spectacular! Nice and mostly sunny, the temperature was perfect given that there was a lot of walking and at times with heavy packs!

For my part, I did little shopping which reminded me of the social aspect of the show. ASCO and the SOC had stalls there and time was taken to chat and meet up with the regulars who man the stalls.

There will be more in an upcoming NEWS article, but in the mean time, here are a few pics.

Cheers,

Paul
Gene & Phillip examine the wares and chat with one vendor who had a box of pre-war bits at his stall.
Gene & Phillip examine the wares and chat with one vendor who had a box of pre-war bits at his stall.
A few Singer bits were there.  A couple of Gazelle grilles and even a twin cam manifold were found hiding amongst the various parts on display.
A few Singer bits were there. A couple of Gazelle grilles and even a twin cam manifold were found hiding amongst the various parts on display.
Our courageous punters sifting through the bits for that elusive nugget of "unobtanium".
Our courageous punters sifting through the bits for that elusive nugget of "unobtanium".
2000 stalls... thousands of people, deals, duds, hope, despair  Beaulieu has it all!
2000 stalls... thousands of people, deals, duds, hope, despair Beaulieu has it all!
Definitely NOT a Singer engine
Definitely NOT a Singer engine
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.