Hudson 2006

List or Discuss Singer Events here.
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

Hudson 2006

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Hudson Antique Car Klub (HACK) put on its bi-annual British Car Show.

Over 3,000 people and 350 cars! The Singer crew was out in form with Len Percey, Robert Moreau, Bary Stevphens and Larry Doyon joining Phillip and myself. Robert drove down in his recently restored... wait for it... Triumph Bonneville motorcycle. A beaut! His Roadster is progressing well with the current task finnishing up the electricals. He is confident that he will drive (yes drive) his Roadster to Stowe, and back of course.

Phillip brought out Baby Blue and I had the unusual pleasure of bringing my two Singers to the show. The Super Ten that arrived in Montreal only 2 weeks ago was trailered by my brave wife Helene, while I led the way in the Roadster.

The sub was out in all its glory with the temperature going up to 25 C (pretty darn hot for this tme of the year). We were in our "usual" spot in the shade for the most part of the day. A prime place on such a hot day, and did it ever ring in the crouds! That combinrd with our "new" Singer Display.

With the Singer gang winning the Tailgate Picknic in 2004, we were challenged by the Jaguar to be ready for some stiff cometition! We were up for the challenge and created our Gastronomical Garage! This also provided an opportunity to debut the Ten.

We constructed a garage facade and gave it a well worn patina to match the Ten. Combined with a "lunch" of connecting rods, BSF nuts, spark plugs and ignition wire we were sure to make a good show.

We drew quite a crowd with as many people taking photos of the cars as of the "food". Sadly, the judging did not go our way, and although we did make a good impression, our lack of "lubricant" for the judges was mentionned in his deliberation. Seems that the Jag group's British Pub was complete, if not licenced.

By far it was a big success for HACK, the show and for Singers, and as always, events are an opportunity to let people know about Singers, and a place for fellow Singerites to share ideas and experiences.

To Stowe!
Attachments
Singer Owners All!
Singer Owners All!
The display
The display
The Ten... Tada!
The Ten... Tada!
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

looks great and like a heck of a lot of fun...

Are you reading this kind of stuff all of you on the West Coast ? are you on the West Coast tired of missing out on the fun yet ?

I especially like the new facade you guys put together it really looks the part helped out the Singer environment...

Congrats to the Men in White for a great showing
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT