DownTime

A place for you to make suggestions on improvements, etc.
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

DownTime

Post by mikeyr »

Our ISP (the guys that give us the Internet connection) have been doing work in the neighborhood and the server has lost internet connectivity quite a bit over the last few weeks, never for more than 10-15 minutes at a time and never more than twice in a 24 hour period so its not much. However last night at 9PM PST we went down and I incorrectly assumed that we would be back in 10 minutes, the service from the ISP was but our modem did not notice/reset. I had to power it down to reset and notice the net was back up. I did that at 10AM this morning so we were down all night, sorry.

I am hoping it was a one time thing that the modem just lost its mind and could not find it. If not they will replace the modem for us as its their hardware. But I am off to Monterey for the historic races for the rest of the week...so hopefully site will stay up, if not you have been warned.
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Re: DownTime

Post by mikeyr »

Ok, we are up and running again. I take ONE vacation a year to Monterey and we lose our connection on the first day.

Laguna Seca was not as good as past years just in case you are wondering. The new owners of the Historics have no idea what they are doing, this was my last year there after 38 years of going. The original owner that ran them for all those years has started the Sonoma Historics, I will be there next year instead.

But the server is back up and Singercars is back up and running.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT