Updating cross-reference/substitition list

A place for you to make suggestions on improvements, etc.
GeneA

Updating cross-reference/substitition list

Post by GeneA »

I guess this is really a question I should direct to Mike and Peter, our Web gurus, but I though I would just throw it open to all to toss about:

As I've progressed in the restoration of my 1949 Roadster, I've learned through other club members and other sources what modern day replacement parts can be substituted for worn out or damaged originals. These range from things like seals, and bearings to mufflers and trim items.

Would it be possible to have a continuously updatable document on our main website page devoted to such substitution/cross-over parts? I have about a dozen or so examples to provide.

Gene
Gene Abbondelo
1949 Roadster
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

Gene,

1 word... ABSOLUTELY its one of the things on my list of things to do, I have a fairly old list from Dave Green that I put into a document but its not easily updated for web access.

It was one of the items we wanted to do for the "members only" section but never did, now that we have database access its #3 on my list, #1 is finish the site redesign, #2 is do the Singer Registry, keep track of serial numbers so we can trace the history of the cars, Dave currently has that and I am going to put it on the web, minus personal information unless you are a member.

I just need the info and a little time :)
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT