The heat is on!

A place for you to make suggestions on improvements, etc.
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

The heat is on!

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Just a fyi to our cyber folks that the heat is up in California and causing some fires again. Our Webmaster and pal Mike is in the area that is affected, but not in any immediate danger. Just in case though, he does have a rescue plan. He has advised us all that the access to the site may be affected by power outages.

Say safe & keep your family safe too.

Paul
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Re: The heat is on!

Post by mikeyr »

Wind is keeping the fire away from me...

Tuesday night the fire was blowing directly at me but yesterday the fire was blowing downtown which is away from me...

I feel out of danger but with more winds expected today...not entirely comfortable, my Mother's house is still there we were very worried it was charcoaled but nope...still there and also appears out of danger unless the wind changes direction. 60 MPH winds predicted again this afternoon. This is 3rd time in 8 months that I have had to worry about friggin fires and the second time I had to load Singer's on the trailer and decide which car would be sacrificed, when will it stop.
Attachments
Click on the Picture to enlarge... It got too close for me.
Click on the Picture to enlarge... It got too close for me.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
mikeyr
Site Admin

Post by mikeyr »

I take too many pictures, always take too many pictures...

I went up the hill and took pictures... in the first picture, you can see a apt. complex at the bottom of the picture, then a well lighted area, that is Santa Barbara's main street, called State St. then a "dark" area where houses are and then the fire... yeah, my house is in that dark area...way too F..... close !
After all the lights and under the fire, near the foot of the hill.  The white line in the sky is a firefighting chopper coming in for a water drop.
After all the lights and under the fire, near the foot of the hill. The white line in the sky is a firefighting chopper coming in for a water drop.
Can't see my house and that is a good thing, if i could see it, it would be because its on fire.
Can't see my house and that is a good thing, if i could see it, it would be because its on fire.
Off to work this morning...
Off to work this morning...
WOW !!!
WOW !!!
I saved the best for last... this was last night from my front yard... It looks MUCH closer than it really is, we were never evacuated although we are in the "Evacuation Warning" zone, the mandatory evacuation border is at the corner about 150 feet away... It really is not as close as these pics imply but ok, its still closer than I feel comfortable with.
sorry, no tripod...but you get the idea.
sorry, no tripod...but you get the idea.
Hey, nice BBQ in the backyard...
Hey, nice BBQ in the backyard...
The important part to everyone here is the website is UP...power has gone on/off A LOT but the UPS has been able to handle it.
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
mikeyr
Site Admin

Post by mikeyr »

Winds have shifted, EXPECT downtime !