How to Edit my Profile?

A place for you to make suggestions on improvements, etc.
Mark Thompson
First Name: Mark

How to Edit my Profile?

Post by Mark Thompson »

Mike,
How do I edit my profile on the new forum format? I wanted to add my e-mail address.

Thanks, Mark
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Re: How to Edit my Profile?

Post by mikeyr »

In the upper left of your screen below the Singer Logo, you will see "User Control Panel", click on that and then choose the proper "tab", the second tab in that screen is "Profile" and you can change it there, you might want to explore the other tabs as well as there are a lot of new changes in this version.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
Mark Thompson

Post by Mark Thompson »

Mike,
I don't see anything under the Singer logo in the upper left hand corner except the current date. I don't see "user control panel" or any tabs? Do I need a special version of software or am I looking at the wrong screen? Some of the items on several screens are overlapped, especially on my profile page. Does anyone else have these problems? I sometimes have the overlap problem on other wesites and I'm usually able to correct it by changing my screen resolution but, it hasn't helped here. Thanks for your help.
Mark
mikeyr
Site Admin

Post by mikeyr »

Ok, I am not sure what you are seeing or not seeing, I see no Date on the screen except for each individual post, so I am not sure what is going on. I was going to say NO you do not need any special version of software but I am afraid you are seeing something very different than me with your comments about screen resolutions or overlap, so I think we need to start with what are you running and what versions.

This is what I was talking about, in the upper left of the browser window you should see the logo and "User Control Panel"
first.jpg
first.jpg (36.35 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
The next screen after clicking on "User Control Panel" should look like this one, there are quite a few tabs here and you should explore them all but since you just need to change your profile, click on you "Profile", here is what it should look.
second.jpg
You are now at this screen (or should be) where you can change most of your information.
third.jpg
If it does not look at all like this, then as I mentioned the next step is to let us know what versions of what software you are running, I have tested all this in IE and Firefox on Apple MAC's, Windows (98, 2000, NT/XP) and Fedora, Ubuntu Linux and also SUN Unix, note Vista is missing in that list as I don't have Vista and neither do any of my friends.
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
mikeyr
Site Admin

Post by mikeyr »

I just looked at my screens again, is this all that you are seeing on your screen ?
fourth.jpg
That is the only date I can see on the screens, if that is what you are seeing, you need to scroll UP to get to the top of the page, user your UP arrow key or mouse on the vertical scrollbar to get to the top of the page.
Mark Thompson

Post by Mark Thompson »

Mike,
I am using Windows XP. I hate to admit it but I am still using dialup and Compuserve 7.0. After seeing your pictures of what the forum is supposed to look like, it is clear that I am seeing a very different version. My screen has the Singer logo and blue background in the first field, the same as yours. The field below it is also light blue/grey similar to yours. However, that field has no writing at all in it. It does have a single white line that is located near the top of the field and extends all the way across. Directly under that field is the forum heading "How to edit my profile?"

After seeing what the headings are supposed to look like, I tried logging on to the forum using Internet Explorer 6.0. That seems to have solved the problem because now my screen matches yours.

I wonder how many other people are experiencing this same problem and only have access to a fraction of the features that you have available to us?

Thanks again for your help. Editting a profile is now intuitive , whereas before it was unavailable.

Best Regards, Mark
mikeyr
Site Admin

Post by mikeyr »

Mark Thompson wrote: I wonder how many other people are experiencing this same problem and only have access to a fraction of the features that you have available to us?
Mark,

Glad I could help, I have no access to whatever Compuserv uses as their primary browser so I can't test it but no you do have me concerned that others may also getting a minimal Singer experience on the website and not seeing all the features. I will ask with the creators of this software if they are aware of any issues with Compuserv and any work arounds.

Mike