Blogs - Some thoughts

A place for you to make suggestions on improvements, etc.
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Blogs - Some thoughts

Post by mikeyr »

Well by now all of you regular readers have seen in the other section what has been a behind-the-scenes war between some used to be regulars on this site and also the rapid rise in blogs about Singer's.

As a result of the discussions in the other posts I have been asked privately why don't I create my own blog, well there is blogging software on this site, I have installed several different free ones and even spoke to commercial blogging software companies about purchasing blogging software. I went away from the idea because of one thing, future searching ! By that I mean when you type something here on this forum about "how to do something" on your car it is searchable, meaning other people can benefit from your knowledge, they can in the future search for "something" and find your solution along with pictures. With the proliferation of blogs out there, its going to get confusing and information will be lost. Granted this forum software is not a good looking "blog" but with pictures like Paul's excellent posts on engine rebuilding, its a great tool and it can be searched in the future so nothing is lost and its all in one place.

The other reason I have not done what I preach here is simple, my life is away from Singer's right now. My own 4AD is sitting out in the weather (yes, out in the weather, not even in the garage) since last Christmas with brand new tires, I have not driven it yet this year. My Le Mans is also idle, I currently have 2 other non-Singer car projects, but never fear they are nearing completion and my Singer's will be back on the front burner and will be posted here.

With the loss of Phillip on this site nearly 9 months ago and now what I fear is the loss of Paul on this site, its going to be quiet, I will re-double my efforts to get my other car finished so my Singer's can once again be my first priority and I can post (and maybe even bore you to death) with all the details of a Singer restoration.

Mike
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT