DOWNTIME

A place for you to make suggestions on improvements, etc.
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

DOWNTIME

Post by mikeyr »

I am preparing to move the forum and image gallery away from my server at home to a commercial host (along with the website of course but that is easy).

There will be downtimes in the near future, some of them will be with no warning, some of them will be with warnings.

In the past as it was my server I controlled everything, now that its going to a host who "claims" everything will work, have a little patience if things dont work smoothly please.

First I will upgrade this forum software, we are running a version that can't be upgraded automagically and needs intervention. After that I will upload to the new host and hopefully all will work. Waiting on official approval to start this, would love to do it this weekend but most likely over the xmas holidays.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
mikeyr
Site Admin

Re: DOWNTIME

Post by mikeyr »

Ok, so its way past Xmas but I am doing the move THIS weekend, there will be downtimes. The website itself will (should) never go down but this forum will not work a few times, should not be more than 10-15 minutes each time.

Just fair warning....
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
mikeyr
Site Admin

Post by mikeyr »

Ok, if you can read this message, you are on the new server and all is well...no more downtime (hopefully).

If you can't read this message then you are on the old server and try again later :P :P :P :P

I am going to shut down the old one in a few days, my wife will be happy to not have to listen that noise maker in my office next to our bedroom.

It appears every thing got moved over correctly, no images lost. The only thing I have not tested yet, but I expect it to work is e-mail to members, that was broken on my server since my ISP made some changes during that last holidays. We are also on the newest and latest version of the forum software now. The image gallery has been moved over and its working(send me more images for it). I will now work on the website itself, its time for a refresh.

****EDIT, I found a couple of "smilies" on the right that are not working...minor detail and I will fix that :shock:
mikeyr
Site Admin

Post by mikeyr »

moving right along, smilies :D have been fixed. Some attachments were corrupted and are now fixed. E-mail is working and everything is much faster.

Last item is the NASOC form to join the club as that will have to be completely re-written over the next day or 2.

Of course registration to this forum works.