Gazelle activity on eBay

The Gazelle, Hunter, Chamois.
djcraig

Gazelle activity on eBay

Post by djcraig »

it's great to see that our own British Racing Green won the bid for the sadly neglected AZ convertible.
Also, the Texas Gazelle has finally sold (at a good deal less than their original BIN price). . . that winning bidder deserves a Presidential letter of congratulations and an invite to join the club.
As a personal aside, Liz and I will be returning to NH by the end of May . . .snow should be gone by June First !!! . . .didnt miss the weather but did miss my little Gazelle . . .this summer we investigate body work and repaint (and maybe BRG will sell me some of the chrome spears from his new acquisition ???)
That's the news from Florida.
Dave Craig
It's a Gazelle; It's SWELL !!
BRG
First Name: Dave

Re: Gazelle activity on eBay

Post by BRG »

Dave & All,

Yep I won the bid. Great price. The sadly neglected Gazelle will be in the Green's stable this Saturday. I think it is going to be a keeper! I went out to look at this car and it has zero rust and no bondo in all the usual suspect areas. Floor boards show surface rust. Body has 2 dents both very easily repaired in the L/F fender.Interestingly enough it is the same colors as my S3 Gazelle Estate Windsor blue and Cloud white. Engine does not turn over but I will investigate that. Total resto project. The things I will be looking for are seat bottoms for the front and rear seats. Both are bench seats. An air cleaner assly. I will be contacting our Gazelle Guru Jan Eyerman for insights. I have a badly rusted out Gazelle S3 that I will be stripping parts off of and then cutting up for scrap. Look in the parts for sale section to see the remains. It will be leaving soon.
Our own Pim Visser went out to look at the Texas Gazelle as I was slightly interested in it but way out of my (cheap) price range. Not a bad car but needed a few things attended to. The seller told Pim he bought the car at an AZ auction and needed $9600 to break even! Too much for the car, in my opinion. I did send an e-mail to the winning bidder and await a response.
BRG
NASOC Treasurer
NASOC 4AD Registrar
NASOC Parts Guy
Owner of a 1952 4AD, 1959 Singer Gazelle Estate, & 1959 Gazelle Convertible
BRG
First Name: Dave

Re: Gazelle activity on eBay

Post by BRG »

All,

An update on "Adeal". Have so many cars have to name them! Anyway the '59 convertible's engine freed up with Marvel Mystery Oil in the cylinders. After replacing the weak starter motor with a used spare. She cranked over. So I hot wired the ignition and "Its ALIVE"! Well ran it for 10 seconds, got oil pressure and sounded good. Someone before me did some dumb engineering on the crank pulley and I need to find a good crank pulley. I am going to look in my Rootes used spares and see if I have one. Still looking for parts so check out the parts wanted section. All for now.
BRG
NASOC Treasurer
NASOC 4AD Registrar
NASOC Parts Guy
Owner of a 1952 4AD, 1959 Singer Gazelle Estate, & 1959 Gazelle Convertible