A Fine Mess I've gotten myself into

The Gazelle, Hunter, Chamois.
djcraig

A Fine Mess I've gotten myself into

Post by djcraig »

Progress Report (second attempt)
The 59 Gazelle Converible arrived Saturday May 4 and after a few hundred bucks, it earned the coveted NH State Safety Inspection sticker (MOT to some of you).
I've since driven it a hundred or so miles.
Now the fun begins . . .the cosmetics are pretty shabby but Liz and I will be working on that.
Dave Green has some stuff that I need and I'm waiting to hear from him.
I've contacted a Roof maker in RI and am becoming familiar with Hillman part sites.
I'll probably go to Coker for white walls and will need wheel covers and trim rings fairly soon.
A repaint will wait until the car and I become better acquainted.
If you have or know of some Gazelle stuff for sale, give me a shout.
Thanks
Dave Craig
It's a Gazelle; It's SWELL !!
djcraig

Post by djcraig »

Some of you know that my wife, Elizabeth came with me to the Invasion at Stowe while enduring pretty severe pain . . .notwithstanding how comfortable we were in the Gazelle on our way to and coming back from Stowe. . . .The following week, she experienced a total hip replacement at Mass General in Boston, Mass/ USA . . .we met with the surgeon on Tuesday for the 30 day follow-up.
He declared her as doing SUPER and he gave us permission to travel by car (not Singer, but Mercedes E-320 Wagon) to Florida . . .the Gazelle will take a six month rest in New Hampshire . . .and I'll be on the trail of another Singer to keep me busy during the winter-spring months in the south . . .any ideas ?? leads ?? Pre war and LHD !!!
My PC will be packed in the back of the car for the next few days, so hold your thoughts and then reply to djcraig37@comcast.net (I think)
You Kebbek-wahs have a warm and sunny winter and We'll be thinking of you in the frozen tundras of central east coast florida . . .read Sebastian.
Dave Craig
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Dave,

WARNING - a whole mess 'o Quebecois will be winging and driving down to FLA very shortly (my in-laws included... finally). Do be careful when walking down the beach. We Kebekers love our speedo's!

Paul - this thing pinches - Bouchard
Attachments
speedo_guy.jpg
speedo_guy.jpg (66.03 KiB) Viewed 10388 times
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

:shock:

Paul, this is a family forum, putting that little box on your face did not hide your identity...any more grossness like that and I will have to censor you

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
Paul Bouchard

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Apologies to all! I must remember that there are more than a few pre-war people out there and are not used to seeing swimmers in outfits other than full body suits.

Sadly, that small black rectangle should have been a LOT larger and covered, well, most of my body anyhow. I almost put up a photo when I was in my late teens where I wore a beautiful 2-piece... but I digress.

Paul - this thing is riding up on me - Bouchard
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon

Just enjoying the ride.
djcraig

Post by djcraig »

OK
Liz and I are in FL . . .opened up the house in Sebastian and everything is well . . . Paul (sans bathingsuit) , Philip & Ro-Bere . . .come by and visit . . .we are near nice ocean beaches also Vero Beach and Melbourne are next door plus we are about an hour & 1/2 from dizzyworld so you could bring GREAT grandchildren (we'll make room in the garage)
stay for a few days . . .it is incredibly quiet & peaceful here, but remember we speak englais suelement (spelling probably sucks!)
Anyway, if you cant make it, we'll look for your in-laws to show up eventually !!!
Sorry to see Terry T gave his car away to a flipper who got one bid (retracted ) on eBay . . . the car is here somewhere in FL . . .hmmmm!!
Stay warm
Dave & Liz C

This (weather) feels really sweaty !!!
Dave Craig
Paul Bouchard

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Dave,

Wow, driving a Gazelle all the way to Florida!!!

Actually, I will be in Orlando on November 7th... for the day. I am part of a charity group who bring kids to Disney World for the day. We leave Montreal at 0600 and get back at 0100 the next morning. A looooong day, but worth every second!

Paul
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon

Just enjoying the ride.
djcraig

Post by djcraig »

Paul . . .
What a great project and it must be incredible for the kids . . nonetheless, if you can get away, come on down and lets talk Singers and the club.
Stay warm Dave, those kids get the best, Craig
Dave Craig