4AD Body Number ?

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
Stephen
First Name: Stephen

4AD Body Number ?

Post by Stephen »

Hi Everyone .. my 1952 4AD Roadster was a basket case when purchased, and now getting close to completion .. there were no ID plates on the firewall ( actually, there was no firewall), so I purchased a reproduction brass identification plate that sits on top of the tool area, and have stamped it with the chassis number,... but would like to know what the body number was for my 4AD so I can make a aluminium plate for the scuttle wall? I would also like to know the HISTORY of the car, if someone knows a site where I could find out about it, please let me know .. the following details are what I have ... Chassis number .. 4AD 1047V, Eng number ... 4AD1025V, Gear Box number 4AD1019V and Differential number 4AD1036V ..
Also I have searched the Forum for the INTERCHANGE LIST and cannot find it, where is it hidden ??/
Regards Stephen
fly4ad
First Name: Frederick

Re: 4AD Body Number ?

Post by fly4ad »

Contact Bill Haverly with the information that you have, his email address is spullen3@aol.com Bill has records that should fix you up, he did for me! :P

Fred
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Thanks Fred .. will do .. Regards Stephen
kabu

Post by kabu »

Hi Stephen,

Where did you manage to get the brass chassis plate on the tool area? I am also missing that plate and have planned on having it fabricated or fabricating it myself since I have not seen them available anywhere. If they are available it would of course help a lot.

Best Regards,
Pekka
4ADT Roadster, 1954 --- http://www.guru-group.fi/kabu/singer
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Hi Pekka .. I believe one of the Singer Club members here in Australia had some of these plates made up quite a few years ago, and there are a few still around in collections .. I bought one from a member last year, and I know of 2 Singer Club members who have one each as well..
I will email you a photo , later today ..
Still have not heard where this interchange list is, is it fact or fantasy ??
Regards Stephen
fly4ad
First Name: Frederick

Post by fly4ad »

Concerning the interchange list, BRG has the list that he can email you. He also has a supply of parts.

Fred
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Thanks Fred
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

The plate is also here if you want a pic of it.

to download the VERY LARGE TIF file http://singercars.com/4ax/4AD-firewall_plate.tif, warning this is a LARGE TIF file to be used as a master.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT