Help identifying Singer from photos

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
shkeller55
First Name: Scott

Help identifying Singer from photos

Post by shkeller55 »

My dad owned a Singer back in the late 1950s/early 1960s and I'm trying to figure out what year and model it was. My dad is passed away now so I can't ask him. I have these four photos and I'm hoping someone here can tell which model it was from them. Unfortunately I only have these four photos; none of the front of the car. It seems like the car was a dark brown but I could be wrong (in the black and white photos it looks more like black).

My memory's pretty fuzzy on the details because I was young (I'm the little boy in the back seat). My dad bought the car from a junkyard in the Greenville, SC, USA area and restored or refurbished it. I don't know what was wrong with it but I remember him taking the body off to do repairs to it and/or the frame, and I remember that he had a hard time getting it to run. I remember riding in the back seat once he got it running. All the kids in the nieghborhood thought it was cool.

My dad sold the car sometime shortly after he got it running, and I never saw it again. It'd be really cool if it was still in the family.

Flicker images:

Hmm... well, here's the link to them on my Flickr account (they're public):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shkeller55 ... otostream/

If anyone can tell me how to upload photos here (or tell me where the instructions are) I'd certainly appreciate the help. Thanks,

Scott Keller
Lilburn, GA, USA

Edited by mikeyr, not sure why the flicker photos would not work but here are the pics.
4942794908_72ea25e433_z.jpg
4942207619_e4cc521da2_z.jpg
4942207453_1ec0265daa_z.jpg
Scott Keller
Lilburn, GA, USA
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Re: Help identifying Singer from photos

Post by mikeyr »

and by the way, that is a 4AD !
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
shkeller55
First Name: Scott

Re: Help identifying Singer from photos

Post by shkeller55 »

Cool! Thanks so much for your help, Mike!
Scott Keller
Lilburn, GA, USA