Roadster top and side curtains

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
ucantucan

Roadster top and side curtains

Post by ucantucan »

I have just purchased a '53 Roadster but it is missing the top and side curtains. Can anyone out there help me find a vendor or someone who has what I need, parts, patterns, or what ever. The top frame and bows are there but I have nothing for the side curtains. Thanks for any help you can provide. Greg
GeneA

side curtains

Post by GeneA »

Greg:

Try Paul Barber in Georgia for a used set. His email is:

Mara204@aol.com

I think the correct ones for the later cars had plastic windows instead of glass. I have an early car (1949) and it has glass windows and these are very heavy and place a lot of weight on the doors. When you have both side curtains in place and the top up, visibility is terrible. I usually don't use mine, but they do look good on the car and complete the picture.
Gene Abbondelo
1949 Roadster
GeneA

Forgot about the top

Post by GeneA »

Greg: I forgot about the top in my post on the side curtains. I got a brand new top through Bill Haverly in England and had it installed by a local shop. The top is good quality and a very good reproduction of the original except for the back window which is 1 piece instead of 2 like the original.

Bill is the spares man for ASCO (Association of Singer Car Owners) and his contact info is found on their web page.

He's also listed on the back of our NASOC newsletter, so if your not a member, please join!!

Gene
Gene Abbondelo
1949 Roadster
sophie

4AD sidescreens and bonnet

Post by sophie »

Gene/Greg,
I have checked with Bill Haverly and he does not have anybody in England that will make the bonnet. He could not give me anything on the sidescreens.
However, I have ordered a set of sidescreens from Trevor, but have not hear on the delivery.

Gene Mulder
1953 4AD
GeneA

4AD top

Post by GeneA »

Gene Mulder: you said bonnet in your email, but I imagine you meant convertible top. About 5 or so years ago, Bill Haverly gave me the name of a man in Birmingham, England, who made Singer convertible tops. He made a good one for me, but it was expensive, especially with shipping ($350-400? can't remember exactly) and took about 2 months. He only communicated by letter. He may no longer be in business, but I can look up my contact details if you want. Alternatively, doesn't Trevor Cornelius also supply tops?
Gene Abbondelo
1949 Roadster
ucantucan

Top and Side Curtains

Post by ucantucan »

Trevor still sells tops and side curtains, but they are very expensive - around $2000 for the set plus shipping. I'm still looking for a set of patterns or samples to copie.

Greg Armstrong
Oshkosh, WI
sophie

Post by sophie »

Greg,
I just received new light weight sidescreens from Trevor and have the original heavy metal and glass sidescreens available, if you are interested. They need work, more than I was will to do.

Gene Mulder
West Virginia
ucantucan

Side Curtains

Post by ucantucan »

sophie wrote:Greg,
I just received new light weight sidescreens from Trevor and have the original heavy metal and glass sidescreens available, if you are interested. They need work, more than I was will to do.

Gene Mulder
West Virginia
Gene, Yes I am interested. How much do you need for them?

Greg
sophie

Re: Side Curtains

Post by sophie »

ucantucan wrote:
sophie wrote:Greg,

Gene Mulder
West Virginia

Greg
Greg, As soon as I have my new ones fitted and etc., using them as reference. I have not received my hardware, so it will be a couple of week before I can send them.
I would like $150 plus shipping. Let me know.

Gene Mulder
ucantucan

Post by ucantucan »

sophie wrote:
ucantucan wrote:
sophie wrote:
Greg,

Gene Mulder
West Virginia

Greg

Greg, As soon as I have my new ones fitted and etc., using them as reference. I have not received my hardware, so it will be a couple of week before I can send them.
I would like $150 plus shipping. Let me know.

Gene Mulder
That sounds fair. When you are ready to let them go let me know and I will send you a check. Let me have your address.

Also, do you have the engine specs. for the 4AD. I'm trying to find the dimentions and tolerences for the big end of the connecting rod. I spun a rod bearing and need to remachine my rods. Thanks Greg
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

ucantucan wrote: Also, do you have the engine specs. for the 4AD. I'm trying to find the dimentions and tolerences for the big end of the connecting rod. I spun a rod bearing and need to remachine my rods. Thanks Greg
Dave Green answered that a few days to one of your posts, http://www.singercars.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=98 in case you did not see it.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
mara.204@live.com
First Name: Paul G & Margaret

Re: Roadster top and side curtains

Post by mara.204@live.com »

Paul Barber my email mara.204@live.com have thre sets of side curtains , they need repaired very heavy as they are glass type will take 175 evch set plus shippi ing still have three autos that are together also many parts just emil me what you need