looking for fender lights

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
StLouisSinger
First Name: Tom

looking for fender lights

Post by StLouisSinger »

I have a 52 4AD and would like to install some fender lights. Are there any other cars that shared these lights?
Does anyone know of a place that may make a new but similar looking light.

Thanks for the help,

Tom
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

Re: looking for fender lights

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Hi Tom!

If you are referring to the little lights on the top of the front fenders, they are called "side lamps" and are Lucas Model LD-109. You can google Lucas ld109 for a selection of sites that have this, although you will have to sift through the list, but there is some stuff out there. eBay is one option. Prices can be high or low depending on how many other buyers there are. These lamps were on a few cars of the period and were produced in chomed brass, chromed steel and painted. Even among the LD-109s there were differences. Most had a straight ounting stem when fitted to the top of the round fender. Singers used the chromed brass model and have a mounting stem that allows the lamp to be horizontal to the ground while on the forward "slant" of the fender. These are the same lamps that were on all of the Roadsters from the R to the 4AD.

Here is a pretty nice LD-109 repro:
http://www.gregorysautoparts.co.uk/cata ... ?t=0&c=430

Check too with Dave Green (NASOC's Parts Guy, Treasurer & 4AD Registrar). He may have some used ones or possibly NOS.

Good luck and keep us informed!

Paul
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.
StLouisSinger
First Name: Tom

Post by StLouisSinger »

Thanks Paul.
That really helps.
I just took possession of the car from my father-in-law. I monkeyed around so much with the car in his garage that he finally gave it to me. It was in the back of his garage for pretty much the past 30 years.I'm excited to have it in my garage and running. I just got my membership information today and will be mailing my dues in tomorrow.
Then I will be an official Singer Club member! Is there a secret handshake I will learn?
I hope I can meet a few other owners some day here. I need to track down some other midwestern owners.
Thanks again,
Tom
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Tom,

Congratulations on both the car and club membership! No secret handshake needed, we recognize each other by the look of satisfaction in owning such fine cars. There are several Singer owners in the mid-west "area", Mark Thompson, Dave Norton to name two, both with 4ADs.

Be sure to get in touch with Dave Green, the club's Parts Guy and more importantly for you, 4AD registrar. The club is tracking the serial numbers of cars in the club (and everywhere else) so I am sure that eh would like to add yours to the list.

While you are on a Singer High, take a few photos of the car and yourself. Send them to the editor of the club magazine and he can get you in the news.

You have already found the website, so do not be shy to post questions and/or news, photos of what you are up to.

So on behalf of the executive of the club, welcome and hope that you enjoy your car.

Paul
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

Paul Bouchard wrote:While you are on a Singer High, take a few photos of the car and yourself. Send them to the editor of the club magazine and he can get you in the news.
And when you send them to the Editor send them to ME so I can put them on the "Members Showcase" page http://www.singercars.com/showcase/index.html, that should be first :) then what Paul said :)

:mrgreen:

And welcome to the joys of Singerhood
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
Angelo
First Name: Angelo

Post by Angelo »

i have a few nice sets of original sidelights

im in holland , but i can send them
2001f4s
First Name: Scott

Post by 2001f4s »

Can you tell us how to get in touch with Dave Green regarding parts please.
Angelo
First Name: Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Wich parts do you need ? Maybe i have them
BRG
First Name: Dave

Post by BRG »

Dave Green
alpdavegre at msn dot com

BRG