STARTER REMOVAL & MANIFOLD/HEADER PIPE

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
WTXCARNUT
First Name: RONNIE

STARTER REMOVAL & MANIFOLD/HEADER PIPE

Post by WTXCARNUT »

Will the starter come out without having to remove the manifold/header exhaust pipe........please say yes......since I have already been down the road of rebuilding that part......................starter was dragging...than seemed fine......battery is in good condition..........cables are not in condition......thought about trying to replace those first before replacing starter........i have knew starter.........even though don't totally trust it....made in china....I do have some MG's which appears have the same starter.....I think.......the guess the HI-torque starters have that long of a shaft...

On another note replaced speedo cable.....still not not appear to be working....so any ideas if in trans or gauge.........I spun cable just attached to gauge and it seemed to work....but not working once attached to trans...
Mark Thompson
First Name: Mark

Re: STARTER REMOVAL & MANIFOLD/HEADER PIPE

Post by Mark Thompson »

Exhaust pipe will have to be disconnected from the exhaust manifold and dropped down. The exhaust manifold does not have to be removed. MGT starters will work. I believe the pinion gear on the MGT-C is different from the MGT-D/F. Be sure the pinion gear matches the 4AD starter. Be sure the ring gear is not damaged. Good Luck!

Mark T.