4AD wiring harness

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
John Steggles
First Name: John

4AD wiring harness

Post by John Steggles »

Does anyone having a wiring diagram that includes wires for traficators/indicators/turning signals. Also has anyone integrated the old semaphore arms into a conventional turn signal system i.e. working together.
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Re: 4AD wiring harness

Post by mikeyr »

you mean this diagram on this site ?

http://singercars.com/4ax/4adwire.html
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
John Steggles

Post by John Steggles »

Yes I have that diagram, it does not include what I asked>
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

well ok, I am surprised it does not but you are right it does not. I will find one that has trafficators.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
fly4ad
First Name: Frederick

Post by fly4ad »

The 1952 4AD that I’m in the process of restoring has trafficators, and I’m actually in the process of installing the new wiring harness and working through the electrical system. The problem is that the trafficators being an option, are not part of the basic wiring harness, and are not shown on the wiring diagram posted on this site. Over the 5 years I’ve been working on this project, the only diagram I’ve seen is the one posted here, so I decided to refer to some of my Singer manuals. I did find a diagram (attached) that came out of the 1950-1953 4AB Service Manual. This diagram is slightly different than most roadsters that I’ve seen due to the RF95 control box that is shown which appears to include an integral fuse box. The good news is that the trafficator circuit seems to be a very simple system which includes one wire that runs from each trafficator to the switch that is mounted on the dash, or in my case in the center above the dash. The other connection on the trafficator is connected to ground. Of course, the switch gets a single wire from the power source, which according to the 4AB diagram is best connected to the same circuit that powers the wiper motor. This is indicated as a green wire (17) on the wiring diagram. I see the best place to tap into this circuit is the B terminal on the petrol gauge since it is very close to the trafficator switch. If you happen to have a trafficator switch that has an indicator light, don’t be confused by the circuit that makes it work, there are still just three wires that connect to the switch.
Have fun, Fred
Attachments
wire diagram with trafficators.pdf
(18.93 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
John Steggles

Post by John Steggles »

Thanks Fred really appreciate that, your guidance is most valuable
fly4ad
First Name: Frederick

Post by fly4ad »

Has anyone out there tried the blinking/flashing LED trafficator bulbs? They are available in 6 and 12 volt options. They are shown on a VW here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX1qeG2nyUQ
and buy them here:
http://www.vintagewarehouse.com/store/p ... cts_id=733
I assume they will work on the SF40-SF80 trafficator?
Fred