Valve Job - Cam, Lifters, Etc - Where to buy

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
tufsinger
First Name: Thomas

Valve Job - Cam, Lifters, Etc - Where to buy

Post by tufsinger »

All,

Well this 4AD is nothing but trouble - finally have the brakes working, manifold welded, carb rebuilt (twice), and now that's it all back together it runs terrible.

Popped open the valve cover and #2 lobe on the cam is worn about 1/2 and #3 on lobe is non-existent, literally worn to nothing.

Any ideas on where to get parts? - Cam, valves, lifters, springs, etc? Assuming UK but anyone know vendors or have contacts?

Many thanks,

-Thomas
indian301

Re: Valve Job - Cam, Lifters, Etc - Where to buy

Post by indian301 »

I am sure someone else will be along with some suggestions for parts, but you can send the camshaft to Lunati cams and they can weld and regrind it back to stock.

Dave
tufsinger

Post by tufsinger »

Thanks to the ASCO chaps in the UK, I was able to secure a new CAM, rockers, valves, guides, etc. I owe them big time for being able to find the parts.

Arrived today and delivered to the shop, hopefully we'll get her back late next week.
tufsinger

Post by tufsinger »

Update for those who care...engine is with the machine shop and waiting for KIP motors to provide gaskets. Hoping they can cut some new one's. They originally said end of August. Once they arrive let's hope nothing else is a problem and we can start driving!