New gas (petrol) tank

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
50's car buff
First Name: Louis

New gas (petrol) tank

Post by 50's car buff »

Does anyone know of someone in the USA that makes a replacement gas tank for a Singer 4AD? I had mine sealed a couple of years ago and it is now leaking very slowly so I will need to replace the unit. If there is a good used one, that might work. Would prefer a new one.
Thanks in advance.
Louis
bitsobrits
First Name: Steve

Re: New gas (petrol) tank

Post by bitsobrits »

Louis, I had a new one made in aluminum by a company (in the US) I found online who specializes in fuel tanks. Cant' for the life of me remember the name but I'll look to see if I have a receipt. I simply measured up the tank after removing it and they an excellent job of reproducing the original. Once it was powder coated black it looks very much correct for the car.

I have the dimensional file I used in a Sketchup file format if you have that software, but still would recommend you measure up your original to be sure.
Steve W
Singer 4ADT
50's car buff
First Name: Louis

Post by 50's car buff »

Steve: I would very much appreciate having the name. When you have time to look for it, please send it to me. I am going to see if the tank I have can be repaired. It appears to leaking at the top side seam only started to leak when I filled the tank.
Louis
grover
First Name: grover

Post by grover »

Having one made . will be done by end of April will let know cost and review when i recieve