Red and Chrome Singer Badge

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
fly4ad
First Name: Frederick

Red and Chrome Singer Badge

Post by fly4ad »

Hey Guys,
I was wondering if anyone out there has a new Singer radiator shell badge. I have the original which is down to the brass, the chrome and red is long gone. I'm sure I could restore it, but I thought I remember seeing that someone had a batch reproduced. Thanks again for all the help! :D
Fred
kabu

Re: Red and Chrome Singer Badge

Post by kabu »

Hi Fred,

I bought a reproduction badge a few years back from UK where the Association of Singer Car Owners (ASCO) have those available. The badge is still listed on their webpage for Roadster spares http://www.asco.org.uk/page187.html but those parts are available only to ASCO members.

Attached is a picture of the badge I got from ASCO.

Regards,
Pekka
Attachments
Singer Badge
Singer Badge
P1020351_s.JPG (76.17 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
4ADT Roadster, 1954 --- http://www.guru-group.fi/kabu/singer
fly4ad

Post by fly4ad »

Hi Pekka,

Thanks for the info! I am an ASCO member and have obtained many of my restoration parts from Bill Haverly! I’m not sure what I would have done without him and the club! At any rate, I know he has had some challenges here lately and that others were helping with the parts. I’ll send the message and see what happens. By the way, I have a set of your start and choke knobs/cables that you produced. Mark T. ordered me an extra set when he ordered his. GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Thanks again,
Fred
kabu

Post by kabu »

Hi Fred,

Yes, I have heard about Bill as well, hope all goes well. Hopefully you will get a reproduction barge from ASCO.

Good to hear that you have found my start/choke cables good and suitable. Currently I do not have assembled cables ready but can produce another batch in the future if there is demand.

Regards,
Pekka
4ADT Roadster, 1954 --- http://www.guru-group.fi/kabu/singer
fly4ad

Post by fly4ad »

Good day to all,

I heard back from Sandra P. and ASCO currently has no reproduction badges and are in the process of finding a new supplier. Don’t know when or if they may have them back in stock. If there are any other ideas where I might obtain one, please let me know. At this point, it’s looking like I may have to restore the one I have.

As an update, it sounds like Bill is slowly improving but still not home yet. Let’s all continue to pray for him and a quick recovery!

Many thanks,
Fred
miodek1987
First Name: Michael

Post by miodek1987 »

Sometimes U can find original badges on eBay. Have to follow auctions from time to time.
FORREST
First Name: forrest

Post by FORREST »

Kip motors in Dallas had them the last I knew

Forrest