My 4AD finally arrived

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
indian301

My 4AD finally arrived

Post by indian301 »

My 4AD finally arrived from Texas last week. Some of you may have seen this car on eBAY. It is a 1952 that has been heavily modified. Exactly what I was looking for. The drivetrain is a 6 cylinder Ford with an automatic transmission and an 8 inch rear. Basically all Mustang. The wood under the dash has been replaced with square steel tubing. The firewall has also been replaced and moved back. My plans are to install an EFI 2.8 liter V6 out of a Chevy Blazer. Don't worry I am an ASE certified mechanic with over 20 years of experience. I have built several cars, the latest an 11 second 1969 Camaro. I have also been through 3 Subeam Alpines and 1 rusted out Tiger.

Dave
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

Cool, when I get back in 2 weeks I will see if I can hunt down the pictures I took of this car 10-12 years ago before the motor was put in but all the mods had been done. They are paper pictures since it was long before Digital cameras.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Some competition for Moreau'ster? Robert's '48 "B" Series Roadster/MGB hybrid will be a nice highway cruiser. No idea on how it would do on the track!
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.
tnandy

Post by tnandy »

Nice too here about another Singer with a V6 in it. I have a '54 4AD with a Buick 3.8 V6 in it. I put a Austin Healey 3000 rear end in mine. Didn't think the Singer rear would hold up. Mine is still under construction. Look forward to talk with you.
Andy
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Robert's '48 is actually an A Series / MGB hybrid. He found a pile fo parts that he assembled into a Roadster but was missing the engine and drive train, so he simply grafted on a MGB front axle & suspension + engine. His Roadster will be a nice cruiser with cruise control and power assisted brakes. Only a 4 cylinder, so the most cylinders in a Roadster prize belongs to you Andy!

As for myself, I have a '48 A Series Roadster (they seem to be everywhere). It had been previously "modified" with a 4 speed gearbox and a 10 HP engine. No match for your Buick V6, but in its day, it would have been something! My new project is a '47 Super Ten. Not quite ready for prime-time, but I am making progress towards getting it ready for the fall... and Stowe!

Paul
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.