1952 4AD Door Striker Plates

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
fly4ad
First Name: Frederick

1952 4AD Door Striker Plates

Post by fly4ad »

Hello Guys,

I am in need of two door striker plates for my 52 4AD. The two I have appear to have been filed or worn such that the latch would fit the hole as the doors have sagged over the years. After a limited search on this forum, looks like most have made their own. Does any other car out there use the same striker? Here are pictures of the ones I have!

Thanks,
Fred
Attachments
IMG_1483.JPG
IMG_1483.JPG (33.55 KiB) Viewed 2085 times
IMG_1486.JPG
IMG_1486.JPG (56.33 KiB) Viewed 2085 times
Stephen
First Name: Stephen

Re: 1952 4AD Door Striker Plates

Post by Stephen »

Hi Fred,.. I tried for 12 months to find a substitute door lock for my 1952 4AD with no luck, I was lucky that a Family member had some engineering skills and machinery and made a couple for me ..

If the photos above turn out then you will see the drawings he made up with dimensions .. the object is a jig he made up, so if you know some one with a milling machine it will be simple enough, or if you would like the jig posted to you, I can do that but need it posted back, and you would have to pay postage there and back, which will probably be more than getting the items made up ..
Regards Stephen ( Australia)
fly4ad

Post by fly4ad »

Hey Stephen,
Thanks for the info; I may have to go that direction if nothing else pops up! I do have one or two other sources that I'm looking into, we'll see!
Thanks again!!!
Fred
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Hi Fred .. I may have someone down here that MAY? make a few up for some $,, but don't hold your breath .. if it happens will try and get a few made up for future Singer owners .. will post if it comes off..
Regards
Stephen
fly4ad

Post by fly4ad »

Great idea, keep us posted! What material did you use? I've seen some mention stainless steel which means just polish and go, no chrome plating needed.
Thanks again :P
Fred
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Hi Fred .. I used brass and had them chrome plated .. stainless is a better option but not sure about the milling process, as it is a lot harder.. I will let you know if it goes ahead .
Stephen