Rubbers weatherstrips.

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
robert moreau

Rubbers weatherstrips.

Post by robert moreau »

About the rubber strip in beetween the fenders and the body, I ordered a kit from Woolies in U.K. and they dont fit. real too small in diameter, part No. 274-BLK. Is the ones you ordered from Bill, are o.k.?????? and if so, do you have a part Number, is there enough to cover both sides?.
Robert Stainless, hidden in the garage.
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Re: Rubbers weatherstrips.

Post by mikeyr »

robert moreau wrote:About the rubber strip in beetween the fenders and the body
Just have your local uphoslterer make up 3/8" welting and it will be fine, most likely cheaper too.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
GeneA

weatherstrip

Post by GeneA »

Robert:

The weatherstrip I got from Bill Haverly was the one that fits between the front fender and the running board. There are two, one on each side, and they are 8 or so inches long. Haverly has the correct stuff, the Moss Motors MG pieces are too short. You can also use the body weatherstripping I talk about below in this application. I think Circlip, I mean Paul Bouchard, did this.

The weatherstrip you are talking about fits between the fender and the body down the length of the body. You need several feet for each side. I got mine from the guy in Birmingham, England that made my top. But, Bill Haverly may be able to get some for you, or at least give you the correct dimensions. Of hand, from looking at the Woolies sample online, I think you need to go with a bigger size. Also try the Moss Motors website as the MG T series also use weatherstripping along the body.

Let me know if you want me to hunt down mine in the garage, and give you some dimensions.

Gene
Gene Abbondelo
1949 Roadster
robert moreau

Post by robert moreau »

Tanks guys, I wrote to Bill Haverly, and he is out for the week, got to wait until June the 10th.
Mark Thompson
First Name: Mark

Rubbers Weatherstrip

Post by Mark Thompson »

I used the piping from Moss Motors (Part #249-120) and it worked well. One set is not quite long enough (9 yards). They have black, red & green. 1-800-667-7872.