4A rubber weatherstrip comparison

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
GeneA

4A rubber weatherstrip comparison

Post by GeneA »

On my 1949 roadster, the rubber weatherstrip that is located between the rear part of the front fender and the front part of the running board was in bad condition--"perished" as our English cousins say. I noticed that the Moss online catalog under MG TC/TD had what appeared to be a similiar product to the Singer, and at about $7.00 a set, was cheap, so I ordered a pair. They don't fit--too short. Also, they have a slight ridge along the top, whereas the originals are more mushroom shaped. I checked with Bill Haverly and found he sells a strip that is more correct for the Singer, but comes in a straight piece and needs to be cut to make the right angle bend on the outside. I just received a pair and think these will work fine. Just another example of something to add to the aftermarket list of what fits and what doesn't.
Gene Abbondelo
1949 Roadster
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Gene,

Do you have any photographs, nudge nudge, wink, wink.

Paul
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.
GeneA

photographs

Post by GeneA »

Paul: you mean of me in my spandex speedo? No, I guess not. I don't have a digital camera, but will take a bunch of "old fashion" 35 mm shots of the rubber strips and also of my body-work-in progress on Wart Hog and send them to you.
Gene Abbondelo
1949 Roadster
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Gene,

Well thank you very much for that image! Not the 35 mm one.

Paul

Think unsexy thoughts... think unsexy thoughts... think unsexy thoughts... think unsexy thoughts... think unsexy thoughts... think unsexy thoughts...
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.