Exhaust Pipe

The 4A, 4AB, 4AC, 4AD cars, including the SM 1500 Roadster and SMX
2001f4s
First Name: Scott

Exhaust Pipe

Post by 2001f4s »

I found information on a replacement muffler for my 4A through a search, but I am also in need of an exhaust pipe to connect to the manifold and to exit the muffler. Any ideas where I can find these parts, or is it best to have it fabriacted at my local Midas?

Thank you
bitsobrits
First Name: Steve

Re: Exhaust Pipe

Post by bitsobrits »

I believe you will have to have them made up. It's a pretty simple pipe from the manifold to the muffler. I bought a mandrel bent 90 degree, then had the other required bend done by a local muffler shop.

If you are need of a flange for the manifold end of the pipe, I had some made up for my 4AD from 3/8" thick stainless, cut on a water jet, and I had a couple extra made. They are for 1 5/8" OD pipe (or 1 1/2" swedged to 1 5/8"), and could be used with either stainless or regular mild steel pipe. They are for the four stud manifolds, with 1 3/4" center to center spacing of the studs. Yours for the cost of postage.
Steve W
Singer 4ADT
2001f4s
First Name: Scott

Post by 2001f4s »

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your detailed response. I did send you a PM as well, but after looking at my manifold, I am certain that it is a 4 stud mounted manifold. So with this said, I would like to take you up on your offer for a mounting flange. If you can please PM me back with details that would be great.

Thanks
Scott
bitsobrits
First Name: Steve

Post by bitsobrits »

Scott,

Both the PM and email options seem to hang up on my end. Also, I don't see the Pm from you.

Anyway, drop an email to bitsobrits@me.com with your address and I'll send it out.

Steve
Steve W
Singer 4ADT