Upholstery

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Upholstery

Post by mikeyr »

Geez, I had a "About $4k" quote to do my 1.5's interior, new carpet, leather, basically everything. The car is supposed to go to the shop on Monday, they were waiting to finish a car to get mine in. Yeah, I know its premature to get my interior done as the motor is not even out yet but its a timing issue and they can do it now. I was speaking to the owner of the 34 Ford they are finishing to make way for my Singer, his quote was "About $6k" when he brought the car in. The final price just a tad over $11k, yeah ok they do nice work but :shock: that is ridiculous, now I am questioning taking my car in or at least will push hard for daily price checks. I am leaning towards waiting and looking around for someone else, maybe some even local since these guys are out of town.

Mike

p.s. don't mind me, I am just ranting !
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
Paul Bouchard
First Name: Paul

Re: Upholstery

Post by Paul Bouchard »

Mike,

OUCH!!! Lucky for me, my Mom sewed the upholstery for my Roadster. The Ten will be a tough one. Hopefully I can save some of it and try and match some leather to suit the rest... I said hopefully.

Good luck.
Paul Bouchard

President, NASOC
Nine Roadster Registrar

1948 A Series Roadster
1947 Super Ten Saloon
1935 Le Mans Super Speed Model

Just enjoying the ride.
indian301

Post by indian301 »

Mike,

If you get a written quote, it is a legally binding contract and they have to stick to their original quoted price.

Dave
Singer V-6 4AD
Mark Thompson
First Name: Mark

Post by Mark Thompson »

Mike,
If it makes you feel any better, that's about what I paid for my 4AD interior about 4 years ago. Including the side curtains, I actually paid a little more than that. I did get an excellent job and would do it again.
Best Regards,
Mark
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

False Alarm guys...never mind sorry to have posted.

Yeah, that is what it will cost but last night I came home to overflowing porcelain appliances, sewer pipe under the concrete slab of my house collapsed. The plumbing repair quote was $6,500, only $14,000 if I do the entire house since a video camera showed other areas are just as bad. We spent $1,500 on tile work in the bathroom just 7 months ago that is going under the jackhammer today.

Singer's will have to wait, the 1.5 is going back on the lift and I will go back to working on my Le Mans for a while as this will take all my spare cash that had been set aside for the 1.5.

Never fear, I will be back complaining about the cost of upholstery, its only a temporary setback AND I am glad to hear my quote was not out of line.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT